Rats and mice can cause structural damage to warehouses, homes, apartments, offices, restaurant's and virtually any type of building.
They cause serious damage through gnawing, nest-building, and defecation:
- They will chew on just about anything that they see as useful in building their nests. This could be any materials such as wood, paper, cloth, books, etc.
- They will gnaw and burrow into upholstered furniture – or seats of cars – to create a hidden, snug nest.
- Insulation is not safe from them either. They will tunnel into insulation inside walls and attics, either to make a home or to gather soft materials for their nests.
- They also will chew on the insulation around wires. This has been known to cause a real threat of fire.
- They will even build their nests in large electrical appliances, again chewing on or through insulation and wiring, which can cause the appliance to short circuit, malfunction, or lead to the risk of fire.
Food Safety: Pests can be carriers of harmful diseases. Their presence poses a serious health hazard to customers because they can contaminate with their urine, droppings, and hair. Without pest control management, your food production and storage areas may be at risk.
UK National can provide your company with a rodent control plan for your buildings and sites. We have years of experience within this sector.