With 2018 less than a week away, thoughts turn to New Year resolutions. One resolution worth consideration is L8 Water Hygiene Management. Legionella is 'The Hidden Killer' as often when an outbreak occurs, all of the signs were there however management and staff had failed to see them. The consequences can be Death and the likely outcome for the management involved could be individual prosecution, hence the need to ensure you act now:
The basics steps to effectively managing Legionella:
* Do you have a valid Water Risk Assessment for each building you have responsibility for.
* Can you evidence that all defects identified in the WRA have been resolved.
* Have you appointed in writing 'Responsible Duty Holders' for each property
* Can you evidence that all PPM tasks and Flushing tasks are being completed correctly as per the WRA's.
* Have all staff had adequate training in order to evidence competency.
* When was the last time you audited the site Water Hygiene log books.
* Are any defects reported being recorded and resolved timely.
Can you evidence that regular Management review meetings are taking place.
If you are unsure as to whether any of the above is in place, we would urge you to act swiftly to audit your arrangements and to address any shortcomings and gain assurance that L8 is being effectively managed.